Maison Sport is the platform for independent ski and snowboard instructors.
Our mission is to connect skiers and snowboarders with amazing, independent instructors, whilst enabling the instructors to increase their earnings and work in a more flexible way. Think of us as like Airbnb for ski or snowboarding lessons.
Full time – permanent role.
Location: London (Old Street)
Salary: £50,000 – £75,000 (Dependent on experience).
Reporting to: Lead Developer
We are looking for a talented Full Stack developer to continue to improve and scale our platform. You’ll be joining a small expert team in a period of growth and be a key influencer in the development and future direction of the product.
You'll need to have a track record of creating and maintaining modern cloud native web apps and delivering high-quality software to the highest standards of quality, security, reliability and maintainability.
As a Full Stack developer you'll work on all facets of the application stack from the backend api design and automation tasks to beautiful, responsive, cross-browser UI and UX on the frontend.
- Building scalable and reusable code and libraries.
- Ensuring excellent test coverage and code reliability.
- Optimising applications for robustness, scalability and a great user experience.
- Implementing security and data protection measures and role-based access controls.
- Designing effective database and data storage architectures.
- Participating in code reviews and commitment to best practices.
- 2+ years commercial experience.
- Excellent knowledge of PHP 7.x.
- Experience building scalable SaS web apps in the cloud.
- Experience with automated Unit and Integration testing and code quality checks as part of CI/CD process.
- Browser testing and cross-browser/multi-platform compatibility.
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony/Laravel).
- Familiarity with web accessibility standards.
- Strong grasp of data protection and web application security principles.
- Agile software development experience.
- Experience performing code reviews and mentoring others.
- Excellent spoken and written English and able to communicate technical subject matter clearly.
- Working knowledge of Docker.
- Working knowledge of Git and GitFlow.
Nice to have
- MSc Degree or equivalent.
- Experience with React/React-native/Vue.
- Experience with Sass/Less.
- Experience with Gulp/Grunt/Webpack.
- Experience building Json:Api or GraphQL APIs.
- Experience of implementing and managing payment processors.
- Experience deploying and maintaining AWS Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days of paid annual leave + bank holidays.
- Additional leave and budget for professional development.
- Flexible working hours and opportunity for remote working 1-2 days per week.
- Team ski/snowboard trip.
- Share options in the company.
How to Apply
To be considered for this job you must have valid documentation to live and work in the UK.
Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.