Maison Sport is the platform for independent ski and snowboard instructors.
Our mission is to connect skiers and snowboarders with amazing, independent instructors, whilst enabling the instructors to increase their earnings and work in a more flexible way. Think of us as like Airbnb for ski or snowboarding lessons.
Full time – permanent role.
Location: London (Old Street)
Salary: £60,000 – £75,000 (Dependent on experience).
Reporting to: Lead Developer
We are looking for a talented Senior Frontend developer to continue to improve and scale our platform. You’ll be joining a small expert team in a period of growth and will help lead the direction of the Frontend development and related technologies.
You'll need to have a track record transforming designs to beautiful and performant user experiences across any device or screen size to the highest standards of quality, security, reliability and maintainability.
- Building scalable and reusable code and libraries.
- Ensuring excellent test coverage and code reliability.
- Optimising applications for robustness, scalability and a great user experience.
- Implementing responsive UI and UX from wireframes and designs to production.
- Champion accessibility, web standards, compatibility and performance in the frontend.
- Participating in code reviews and commitment to best practices.
- 4+ years commercial experience.
- Expert knowledge of React/React-native/Vue.
- Experience with Webpack.
- Expert knowledge with Sass/Less.
- Experience consuming Json:Api or GraphQL APIs on the frontend.
- Experience with automated Unit and Integration testing and code quality checks as part of CI/CD process.
- Browser testing and cross-browser/multi-platform compatibility.
- Expert in web accessibility standards.
- Strong grasp of data protection and web application security principles.
- Agile software development experience.
- Experience performing code reviews and mentoring others.
- Excellent spoken and written English and able to communicate technical subject matter clearly.
- Working knowledge of Docker.
- Working knowledge of Git and GitFlow.
Nice to have
- MSc Degree or equivalent.
- Working knowledge of PHP 7.x.
- Experience with MVC frameworks (Symfony/Laravel).
- Experience of templating languages (Blade/Twig/Jinja/Handlebars/Nunjucks).
- Experience with producing beautiful HTML email and HTML5 advertising assets.
- Experience using CDN's and cache-busting strategies.
- Competitive Salary.
- 25 days of paid annual leave + bank holidays.
- Additional leave and budget for professional development.
- Flexible working hours and opportunity for remote working 1-2 days per week.
- Team ski/snowboard trip.
- Share options in the company.
How to Apply
To be considered for this job you must have valid documentation to live and work in the UK.
Email your CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org.