1. MYTH: Skiing is really dangerous - Skiing is actually safer than playing football! Despite a few accidents being publicised, research suggests that a fear of skiing and snowboarding is misplaced. Dr Mike Langran, a physician from the Aviemore medical practice and an authority on snow-related injuries, says that injuries among people participating in snow sports are very rare, and taking into consideration the number of people who participate in winter sports and football, there is a higher chance of being injured when playing football!
2. MYTH: Sitting back in powder makes it easier - what it actually does is make it harder to turn and gives you serious leg burn! You should try to maintain a centred balance, bring your feet a little closer together than normal and increase how much you bring your hips up and forwards between the turns.
3. MYTH: The slopes are really steep, even for beginners - As a beginner, when you think about skiing or snowboarding, you think of racing down a giant mountain! When in fact, when you start to ski/snowboard, you realise the beginner slopes are surprisingly flat (and friendly-looking!).
4. MYTH: Alcohol makes you warmer - whilst alcohol may seem like the perfect cold-weather beverage, it actually decreases your core body temperature, regardless of the temperature outside, which can increase your risk of hypothermia.
5. MYTH: Ski boots should hurt - Ski boots should not be uncomfortable. Your toes might be a bit cold, and may not feel as comfortable in ski boots in comparison to other shoes, however, there should not be any pain, pins and needles or other uncomfortable sensations.
6. MYTH: If you're an intermediate/expert skier or snowboarder, lessons are a waste of time - When booking an independent ski or snowboard instructor, you are booking someone who is highly qualified and understands the mountains and resort more than anyone else! If you are an expert/intermediate skier or snowboarder, an instructor can help offer tips on improving technique, show you where the best runs are, help guide you when going off-piste and even recommend the best places for a hot chocolate!
The currency of the country of your chosen resort differs from the currency of the country of the main resort
16-Digit Card Number
Please check the internet connection