The opening of the Alpinium:
The Alpinium is a brand new 26 million euro building opening in December 2019.
Facts about the Alpinium:
- The new gondola will be able to transport 10 skiers per bubble from Le Praz directly to Courchevel 1850 in under 6 minutes (shaving more than a minute off the previous journey)
- The new gondola will operate outside normal ski lift hours, allowing you to be the first on the mountain, and stay up in 1850 for Après drinks after a long day of skiing with the ability to get a ride back down in the bubble afterwards.
- The new building will house the new gondola, lift pass office, ski lockers, toilets and a children’s indoor play area, giving Le Praz a new look. It will also include a surface sports field on the roof, a track for walking or skating and catering facilities.
- Additional parking (500 spaces) will also be added to help reduce the amount of traffic driving all the way up to 1850.
La Tania gets a new green run:
A new green run is currently under construction to help beginners ski back to La Tania.
Facts about the new green run:
- The new run will be completed by the start of the winter season 2019
- The reason for a new green run is due to the current one having potentially dangerous crossing sections with the red Moretta Blanche and blue Folyères.
- The bottom of the slopes in La Tania, will also be fitted with a new area including two ‘magic carpets’ for beginners. Public toilets will also be installed as well as a new light and a sound system for events during half term and new year.
Improvements to the Croisette:
The Croisette building in 1850 is being refurbished, making it overlook the snow front. This new space will also accommodate room for après-ski events.
Endless traffic-free cycling:
A new tarmac road has been opened linking Courchevel with Meribel. Starting at Courchevel Altiport, this new road is 7km long with the final 5.8km section restricted only to cyclists. Make sure to check it out if you are around the resort and fancy a long ride out this summer!