Time and place is key
When and where you choose to ski or snowboard this season are two major factors to consider when booking your holiday.
Different times of year vary hugely in price, as well as which resort you choose to ski or snowboard in (you may be surprised to hear that some of the most popular "expensive" resorts offer amazing deals during quiet periods!).
1. Pick a resort near an airport — ski and snowboard resorts located near an airport can save you lots of money and time travelling (and let's face it, no one enjoys wasting time travelling when you can be on the slopes!) Ski resorts in France such as Chamonix, Morzine, Les Gets and Avoriaz are all located close to airports. Also in Italy, resorts such as Sauze d'Oulx, Courmayeur and Cervinia are all based close to airports.
2. Speak to your instructor — Your ski or snowboard instructor lives and works in the Alps, they often have a wealth of information, tap into this knowledge and get their recommendations for local (and often cheaper) cafes, restaurants, accommodation and activities in the area.
3. Use public transport or shared private transfers — Most towns across the Alps have great transport links, these include; private transfer companies, trains, buses, coaches and even boats to get you from the airport to your ski resort. Public transport systems are often much cheaper than hiring a car, so make sure you have a look for alternative ways to travel. For instance, Easy Bus runs great, low cost shared transfers from Geneva airport to the surrounding resorts.
4. Pick your dates carefully — You can make huge savings by choosing your holiday dates wisely. Mid-December, the middle of January, or early to mid-March, all tend to be far cheaper.
5. Buying your ski gear — Buying your ski clothing, goggles and helmet can save you lots of money if you plan to ski or snowboard every season. Good quality gear can last a lifetime, so see it as a small investment that saves you money and the hassle of renting each year. Companies such as Sportpursuit offer great deals on clothing, goggles and helmets.
The currency of the country of your chosen resort differs from the currency of the country of the main resort
16-Digit Card Number
Please check the internet connection